LOS ANGELES (AP) — "The Hunger Games" devoured the competition at the People's Choice Awards, emerging the top victor with five trophies.
Katy Perry won three awards at the Wednesday night ceremony in Los Angeles, at which fans selected the winners in categories spanning music, movies and television.
"Hunger Games" was named favorite movie, action movie and movie franchise, and stars Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth had fans' favorite on-screen chemistry. Lawrence also won favorite movie actress and "face of heroism."
Perry was the fans' favorite female artist and pop artist. Her video for "Part of Me" also won.
Sandra Bullock picked up the show's first favorite humanitarian award for her efforts in New Orleans.
Actress Kaley Cuoco hosted the ceremony at the Nokia Theatre, where performers included Christina Aguilera, Jason Aldean and Alicia Keys.
The night's winners:
- Movie: "The Hunger Games"
- Movie actor: Robert Downey, Jr.
- Movie actress: Jennifer Lawrence
- Action movie: "The Hunger Games"
- Action movie star: Chris Hemsworth
- Face of heroism: Jennifer Lawrence, "The Hunger Games"
- Comedic movie: "Ted"
- Comedic movie actor: Adam Sandler
- Comedic movie actress: Jennifer Aniston
- Dramatic movie: "The Perks of Being a Wallflower"
- Dramatic movie actor: Zac Efron
- Dramatic movie actress: Emma Watson
- Movie franchise: "The Hunger Games"
- Movie superhero: Robert Downey, Jr., "Iron Man"
- On-screen chemistry: Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, and Liam Hemsworth, "The Hunger Games"
- Movie icon: Meryl Streep
- Network TV comedy: "The Big Bang Theory"
- Network TV drama: "Grey's Anatomy"
- Cable TV comedy: "Awkward"
- Cable TV drama: "Leverage"
- Premium cable TV show: "True Blood"
- TV crime drama: "Castle"
- Sci-fi/fantasy TV show: "Supernatural"
- Comedic TV actor: Chris Colfer
- Comedic TV actress: Lea Michele
- Dramatic TV actor: Nathan Fillion
- Dramatic TV actress: Ellen Pompeo
- Daytime TV host: Ellen DeGeneres
- Late-night talk show host: Jimmy Fallon
- New talk show host: Steve Harvey
- Competition TV show: "The X Factor"
- Celebrity judge: Demi Lovato
- Male artist: Jason Mraz
- Female artist: Katy Perry
- Pop artist: Katy Perry
- Hip-hop artist: Nicki Minaj
- R&B artist: Rihanna
- Band: Maroon 5
- Country artist: Taylor Swift
- Breakout artists: The Wanted
- Song: One Direction, "What Makes You Beautiful"
- Album: One Direction, "Up All Night"
- Music video: Katy Perry, "Part of Me"
- People's voice: Christina Aguilera
- Humanitarian: Sandra Bullock
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Tre Mason rushed for 304 yards and four touchdowns, leading No. 3 Auburn to a wild 59-42 victory over No. 5 Missouri in the Southeastern Conference championship game Saturday.
Wildlife officials are ceasing efforts to rescue a pod of whales that was stranded in the Everglades after losing sight of the marine mammals. The National Park Service says aerial and boat survey teams could not locate the whales Saturday, a potentially encouraging sign that they have moved farther offshore.
WASHINGTON (AP) — As you decorate your home for Christmas, the Consumer Product Safety commission has several tips to help you avoid accidents.
Nearly seven years ago, an Orange Beach man was tortured and robbed in his own home. As of Friday night, Shaun Cassidy, 65, is behind bars for a number of charges involving minors.
According to authorities, deputies and investigators with the Walton County Sheriff’s Office responded to a home on South Bay Grove Drive in Freeport around 3:30 p.m. after a 4-year-old was shot in the chest with a BB gun.
A double dose of Tigers invade Atlanta for the 2013 SEC Championship.