DAPHNE, Ala. (WALA) - The Daphne Police Department has announced an opening for a police officer. The department announced the opening October 31st.
- Minimum age 21, with a high school diploma or GED
- Applicants who have current or previous law enforcement experience should submit documentation supporting experience and certification with their application
- Must pass a multiple choice examination, structured oral interview, polygraph examination, psychological examination, background check, physical examination, and drug screening as conditions of employment.
- Must pass an A.P.O.S.T. (Standard Physical Fitness Ability Test: 22 pushups in one minute, 25 sit-ups in one minute, and a 11/2 mile run in 15:28)
- Valid Driver's License and must be insurable by the City of Daphne's insurance carrier
Applications must be returned no later than November 14, 2013. Those with Daphne Police say they will keep applications up to a year and said there could possibly be additional positions coming.
Applications may be picked up at the Daphne City Hall or downloaded from www.daphneal.com.
Even as they try desperately to hang on to Boeing Co., officials in Washington state have been courting the main competitor of the aerospace giant.
Chef Scott Dumas from Pinzone’s Italian Village shows you how to prepare a healthy and delicious meal to start the New Year off right!!
The Mobile Police Department is investigating a homicide on Jackson Road. Officials said Damien Perez Adams was found with multiple gunshot wounds. He later died from his injuries.
Another Pleasant Day with Highs in the Mid 60s and Low Humidity.....
Republican Bradley Byrne has won the special election in the 1st Congressional District in southwest Alabama.
A Mobile Police captain and one of her precinct officers were convicted of engaging in a sexual relationship while on duty.