SANTA ROSA COUNTY, Fla. (WALA) - In late July 2013 Derrick Glen Estell was in jail in Garland County Arkansas. He escaped through a window and was seen on camera running out of the jail. Authorities believed he was assisted by his family and girlfriend.
A national manhunt ensued.
On August 22, the Santa Rosa County Sheriff’s Office received a tip that Estell and his girlfriend Tamara Upshaw were possibly in Santa Rosa County.
Deputies located an abandoned home in a wooded area near the intersection of Hwy 182 and Chumuckla Hwy. Officials knew Estell could have been armed.
Members of several units of the Sheriff’s Office surrounded the home and told Estell and Upshaw to come out, which they did without incident.
Estell is wanted in Arkansas for the following charges:
• Commercial burglary
• Aggravated robbery; possession of a firearm; theft of property $0/$5000; leave the scene of personal injury
• Residential burglary; fleeing; criminal mischief; resisting arrest.
• Escape 2nd Degree
• Aggravated robbery; theft by receiving of a firearm by certain persons (4 cts); fleeing
• Possession of a firearm by certain persons; commercial burglary; theft of property $0/$1000; criminal mischief
• Commercial burglary; criminal mischief
• Commercial burglary; theft of property $0/$1000; criminal mischief
• Commercial burglary (2 cts); criminal mischief; criminal mischief
• Theft by receiving $0/$1000
Estell and Upshaw are being held without bond at the Santa Rosa County Jail.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
The trial for Giuseppe Pino LoPorto continues today in Baldwin County. LoPorto, now 80-years-old, faces several sex abuse charges against a child dating back to the early 90s.
FOX10 News has learned William "Eddie" Patrick, captain of Mobile's First police precinct, has been demoted following an internal investigation.
The Mobile Jaycees announce the members of the 2014-15 Azalea Trail Court.
Pastor of Lifeway Community Church Mike McPherson says thieves stole presents that would have been given to needy children.
A man who bought a bicycle three weeks ago finds out it was originally stolen, according to the original owner who reported it missing in October.
If you were in the Foley area Thursday, you may have seen a helicopter, police and K-9 units. That’s because a store in Foley was robbed this morning at gunpoint. Eventually, the search was called off. The suspect is still on the loose.