MOBILE, Ala. (WALA) - The Mobile Police Department said they are preparing for the busy holiday season and would like to remind everyone to follow these rules to ensure a safe shopping experience:
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Safety in numbers - Shopping with others reduces your chances of being a victim.
- Park only in well-lit areas in designated parking lots.
- Avoid large groups of people that appear to be loitering in parking lots.
- Avoid any unnecessary contact with unknown people in parking lots.
- Make sure valuable items are not left in plain sight in a vehicle or unattended in a shopping cart.
- Parents should place an identity card in their child's pocket in the event they become separated from one another. The card should provide the name of the child, address, telephone contact numbers and the name of a relative.
- In the event that parents and children are separated, the children should be instructed to go to the nearest police officer.
- Do not purchase items from non-licensed solicitors in parking lots.
Mobile police have released the names of three shooting victims. Police say the shooting was the result of domestic violence.
Mobile Police have launched an internal investigation into the Third Precinct Captain and a patrol officer, who authorities believe were involved in an ongoing sexual relationship. Captain Carla Longmire is charged with conduct unbecoming …
A Grand Bay family woke up to an unexpected guest on their back porch Wednesday, December 11 - a donkey. Don Edeker said the little guy is lost, and he's trying to help his owner find him.
The City of Fairhope is considering raising property taxes to better fund their schools. This means Fairhope Public Schools will be put in their own tax district, even though they are still part of the Baldwin County School System.
Musical acts and fireworks show confirmed during Wednesday's Moonpie announcement.
Some Creola residents are happy about their city staying the same. Others, wish the city could have been annexed into Saraland for more than one reason.