Meanwhile, Back at Café Du Monde is a book of life stories about food. It was created and edited by Peggy Sweeney-McDonald, a self-professed Southern Belle drama queen. The book is a humorous and heartfelt compilation of personal food essays accompanied by recipes and photographs.
Meanwhile, Back at Café Du Monde began as a unique and festive food monologue show presented by foodie personalities and special guests. The humorous and heartfelt personal stories that are now available for you to read in a coffee table book all have the common thread of food. Readers will experience culture and relationships, personal life stories, restaurant experiences, past love affairs, and more.
The foodie monologues are meant to invoke your own special comfort foods, making you recall tasty memories of life, love, family, and friends that warm your heart, feed your soul, and make you pause to savor the sweetness of life. Accompanied by candid photographs of the many people involved, from speakers to audience members, this book will be a treasure trove of delightful and delicious memories for all. Karen Benrud, a member of the Café Du Monde family of New Orleans, provides the foreword that celebrates the 150th anniversary of the landmark café and its history.
Some featured contributors include:
* General Russel Honoré, retired U.S Army Lieutenant General, best known for serving as commander of Joint Task Force Katrina, which was responsible for coordinating military relief efforts for Hurricane Katrina-affected areas across the Gulf Coast.
* Leah Chase, legendary Creole Chef and owner of Dooky Chase restaurant in New Orleans, which was flooded during Hurricane Katrina and closed for 2.5 years following the disaster.
* Drew Ramsey, owner of Hubig's Pies in New Orleans, who handed out free pies to anyone who wanted one after Hurricane Katrina.
* Jeff Kleinpeter, President of Kleinpeter Farms Dairy
* Savannah Wise, Broadway, film, and television actress currently appearing in Smash
* Todd Graves, Founder and CEO of Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers
Peggy Sweeney-McDonald is the President of Superstar Events in L.A and the creator of "Meanwhile, Back at Café Du Monde..." She grew up in Baton Rouge and resides in Los Angeles with her husband. She is a graduate of Louisiana State University and has worked in film, theatre, and commercials as an actress for more than 25 years. She is developing southern film projects, including a television pilot.
Peggy will be at Page & Palette in Fairhope on Friday, November 9, 2012 for a book signing.
Page & Palette
32 South Section Street
Fairhope, AL 36532
Lar Nimit and Natjira Khieokham from Bangkok Thai are in the Studio10 kitchen today making a Turkey Tom Yum soup. They are also holding a special meditation event at the restaurant. It is aimed at reducing holiday stress.
Robertsdale police said a man was the victim of a hit and run Saturday, around 30 minutes before the start of the city's annual Christmas parade.
Temps Continue Their Roller Coaster with a Big Cool Down Arriving Later Today....
Fox10 learns more about a man arrested on multiple counts of sodomy and enticing a child.
On a routine trip to the Piggly Wiggly store in Foley Mitchell Harrison and Betty Ann Williams found something they weren't expecting to need.
In a rare meeting between two of the nation's most storied programs, No. 3 Alabama and No. 11 Oklahoma will face off Jan. 2 in the Sugar Bowl at New Orleans.