PENSACOLA, Fla. (WALA) - The Pensacola Fire Department said an unattended space heater led to a house fire that has left a family homeless.
The fire department said the home on East Blount Street suffered extensive damage in the fire at around 3:20 a.m. Sunday, the six people in the home — two adults and four children — were able to escape unharmed.
The father in the home awoke to the smell of smoke and was able to evacuate everyone. Authorities said the home had smoke detectors but they were not operational.
The flames were coming out of bedroom windows when firefighters arrived. The PFD said one of the children left a space heater on in her room before leaving to sleep with her parents.
The family is receiving assistance from the American Red Cross.
Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn and Missouri head coach Gary Pinkel spoke Friday, Dec. 6 in Atlanta to preview the SEC Championship game.
Rain chances increase for Friday night.
Authorities in Prichard are investigating an attempted smash and grab at a local pharmacy. It happened at Central Discount Drugs on Wilson Avenue.
Clarity Law data recently released by insurance companies has angered many Gulf Coast homeowners and organizations fighting for lower homeowners insurance rates. Interpretation of the data by the Homeowners Hurricane Insurance Initiative …
Two children were almost hit by a bullet when the car they were riding in was caught in crossfire on Coy Smith Highway. Six-year-old Trevor Edmonds told FOX10 News he was almost hit in the head.
Alabama is getting the largest share of $255 million in federal funding to connect more homes and businesses to broadband internet service.