MOBILE, Ala. (WALA) - Every year, FOX10 partners with Volunteers of America Southeast to help families in need during the holiday season. Consider donating one of the 10 Caring Gifts below to make a difference.
- Caring Tree (Toys) - Make a difference for a child who is separated from their parents by providing new gifts that will give them hope, happiness, and a better outlook on life this Christmas morning.
- School / Art Supplies - Purchase school supplies or art supplies for children or people with special needs in our community programs.
- Coats and Jackets - Donate a new (or "gently used") coat or jacket for the homeless, struggling military veterans, or other people in need in our community.
- Blankets - Warm someone in need with a new blanket. They will be distributed to at-risk children, frail elderly, homeless, and people with special needs.
- Veterans Program - Provide non-perishable food items to stock a food pantry at our transitional housing program for veterans, Eagle's Landing, or purchase gift cards to help with their daily needs.
- Christmas Ornaments - Touch someone's life with a Christmas ornament. Design your own special ornaments to be distributed to elderly adults who will be alone during the holidays.
- Food for the Holidays - Provide non-perishable food items for people in our community who are in need, including at-risk children, frail elderly, homeless, and people with special needs.
- Pennies for Patriots - Collect pennies to support active troops or veterans during the holidays. The funds will purchase phone cards for deployed service members or give struggling veterans a "hand up".
- Caring Kits - Kits should include: Toothpaste, Tooth Brushes, Wash Cloths, Bar Soap, Small Shampoos, Hand Sanitizer, Combs, Facial Tissue, Wet Wipes, Band Aids, Anti-bacterial Ointment, & Deodorant.
- CASH GIFT - Designate one or more of the above gifts and tell us how you would like your cash donation distributed. Or, if you would like, your donation may be used in our "Greatest Need" fund.
Please mail or deliver this form with your gift or check to:
** Volunteers of America Southeast is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization. Receipts are available for tax purposes, and gift amounts are confidential. 100 % of all donations will be used to directly help those in need.
The trial has begun for accused sex offender Giusseppe LoPorto in Bay Minette. LoPorto spent 14 years on the run in Italy before being arrested and extradited back to Baldwin County in 2012.
A Montgomery judge has scheduled a trial June 3 over whether the state government can keep the cash and destroy the gambling machines seized in a raid of VictoryLand casino in Macon County.
The Mobile County Sheriff's Office said deputies are looking for an attempted bank robbery suspect. They said the entered the Bay Bank on Dauphin Island Parkway in Fowl River just before 5 p.m. and handed a note to the teller, demanding …
A Cold Morning Showing Up Around the Gulf Coast but Plenty of Sunshine Lies Ahead....
Almost three months after the accident that took the life of 48-year-old Sari McKane, the next step in the process to make the site of the crash safer is underway. State workers were out early, installing the first poles that will hold a …
A commercial boat captain from Bayou La Batre, Ala., has pleaded guilty to shooting a dolphin with a shotgun in the Mississippi Sound in the summer of 2012.