RANCHO CUCAMONGA, Calif. (KTLA/CNN) -- A 10-year-old California girl swallowed a quarter after attempting a coin trick she’d seen magician Criss Angel do in a video posted to YouTube.
Morgan Renear was filming herself when she put two coins in her mouth and titled her head back, accidentally swallowing one of them.
The 10-year-old could be heard off camera coughing and gasping for air, saying “I’m going to die.”
“We got lucky that it didn’t go into one of her windpipes and end up stopping her from breathing,” said Morgan’s father, Daniel Renear.
The coin moved from her stomach to her intestines. Doctors predicted it would pass within 3 days of the accident. However, it’s been lodged in her intestines for 10 days now.
Her mother , Erica Renear, said she wants to warn other parents about the potentially dangerous trick.
"Make sure your kids know what you see on YouTube is not to be copied at home," she said.
It’s been a learning lesson for Morgan, who said she’ll keep watching magic trick videos online but won’t try to recreate them.
Copyright 2017 KTLA via CNN. All rights reserved.