Amid harassment allegations at Mobile Public Works, subpoenas is - FOX10 News | WALA

Amid harassment allegations at Mobile Public Works, subpoenas issued in time card controversy

Posted: Updated:
Mobile Government Plaza (Credit: Josh Harlan, WALA FOX10 News) Mobile Government Plaza (Credit: Josh Harlan, WALA FOX10 News)

It's an update to a story FOX10 News Investigates first broke in March, exposing possible misreporting of time at the city of Mobile Garage

An attorney for the city of Mobile said he is gathering further evidence to support the city's termination of former city garage employee, Tyrone Holley, in preparation for a Mobile County Personnel Board hearing next month. 

Specifically, the attorney said he is issuing subpoenas for concrete evidence to prove allegations that Holley may have falsified his garage time cards.

FOX10 News Investigates found Holley may have been working a second job at the Port of Mobile when he was punched in as working at the garage. 

Holley denied any wrongdoing, and filed an appeal with the Personnel Board. 

A hearing on the matter is set for June 14. 

Meanwhile, FOX10 News Investigates has learned that apparently isn't the only problem at the Public Works Department. 

When FOX10 News Investigates was digging into the time card controversy, sources reached out to the Investigative Team about harassment and intimidation from management in the Public Works Department. 

Those concerns were made public last week, when several employees attended the city council meeting. 

"They are being threatened, this is being hidden, but now the cat is out the bag," said Wesley Young, a former employee who spoke at Tuesday’s council meeting. 

Councilman Fred Richardson acknowledged the complaints, saying he too, had heard concerns from employees, specifically noting allegations that someone in upper management has been sending employees to "time out" as a punitive measure.

With questions about how Holley may have falsified cards for two years, and with several complaints about management behavior, FOX10 News Investigates issued an Open Records Request for the emails of top directors in the Public Works Department, to see how they've been communicating over the last year. 

It has been more than seven weeks since that request, and the city still has not released the documents. 

After folks voiced their concerns to the city council last week, council members said they would demand an investigation from the city administration. 

FOX10 News Investigates will keep you updated as that investigation moves forward. 

All content © 2018, WALA; Mobile, AL. (A Meredith Corporation Station). All Rights Reserved.  

Powered by Frankly
FOX10TV.com
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, WALA; Mobile, AL. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.