There are a lot of things going on this weekend around the Gulf Coast. Rob Holbert from the Lagniappe came up with a list of his Top 5 Picks:
1. When do you get a chance to listen to some great R&B music inside a Civil War era fort? Tomorrow. That's right, the Seagrass Concert series gets into swing tomorrow at historic Ft. Gaines at the east end of Dauphin Island. with two awesome acts. Delbert McClinton and Mobile's own Jimmy Hall will rock the old fort starting at 6 p.m. Should be a great one. Tickets are just $40.
2. It's the French Revolution in Chickasaw this weekend as the Lola Phillips Playhouse will host "Les Miserables." This famous musical based on the novel by Victor Hugo will be performed Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and on Sunday at 2 p.m. at the theater at 801 Iriquois St. Tickets are just $15.
3. If you're looking for some outdoor time that will make you feel good about yourself and your community, Saturday is the 26th Annual Coastal Cleanup. Dog River Clearwater Revival is looking for volunteers from 8 - 12. Meet at Dog River Park and cleanup supplies will be available. T-Shirts and lunch are also provided. People with boats to transport volunteers are particularly needed. Contact: email@example.com
4. Sunday is the kickoff of Mobile Fashion Week. For those who love looking chic, this is the biggest week of the year in the Port City. There will be a kickoff party Sunday at the Mobile Arts Council where you can meet the designers, then the rest of the week is filled with cool things like pop-up shops in Downtown Mobile and Fashion in the village. Visit mobfashionweek.com for more info.
5. And if you need some Days of Thunder action, today's your lucky day. There's stock car racing at Five Flags Speedway today. The action features Blizzard #4 with Super Stock, Bombers and Sportsmen. Qualifying is at 12:30 today and 8 p.m. is the superstock race and after that are the Bomber and Sportsmen races.
For more information, please visit http://www.lagniappemobile.com/
The trial for Giuseppe Pino LoPorto continues today in Baldwin County. LoPorto, now 80-years-old, faces several sex abuse charges against a child dating back to the early 90s.
FOX10 News has learned William "Eddie" Patrick, captain of Mobile's First police precinct, has been demoted following an internal investigation.
Jennifer Fram pleaded guilty to reckless murder in Mobile Thursday, December 12. Fram is charged in a fatal traffic accident that killed Nicholas Markow in April 2012.
A family of nine said they’re left without a home for the holidays due to an overnight fire. Today, Stephanie Hinton, Shannon Hodges and their seven children are left picking up the pieces.
The Mobile Police Department has unveiled the design for their new police cruisers. The Chevy Caprices will replace the older, aging vehicles. Officials said the Caprice meets the department's need for maintenance, reliability and …