DAILY DOT COM - Good news for people who live and breathe football. The digital arm of the National Football League is revamping its app, by unifying its mobile offerings under one stand alone app.
NFL Mobile is a free application that combines the NFL '13 and Verizon exclusive NFL Mobile apps.
Verizon premium subscribers can choose between the NFL Mobile Basic and NFL Mobile Premium access, which include the following features:
NFL Mobile Premium:
- Live NFL games on Thursday, Sunday, and Monday nights
- Every touchdown from every game on Sunday afternoons with NFL RedZone
- Keep up with key league events and watch them live on NFL Network 24/7
- + all Basic features
NFL Mobile Basic:
- View video-on-demand and listen to live audio coverage of every NFL game from your favorite local broadcasts
- Get quick access to video-on-demand, audio, scores, news and league standings with NFL Mobile's GameCenter
- Enhanced Facebook Integration
- Follow your favorite team with video-on-demand and up-to-the-minute news updates
- Track your NFL.com Fantasy Football teams and leagues like never before. Get access to live scoring on game day, up-to-the-minute player news, injury updates and official inactive reports
- Breaking news alerts and in-app notifications
- Enjoy NFLM in Español with the Spanish language mode feature
It seems the changes are aimed at keeping up with the times. Let's face it, many diehard football fans are guilty of routinely checking their gadgets while watching a game on TV just to follow their favorite team, fantasy team, or to just get the latest scoops and scores. The NFL hopes this convenience of one stop shopping will score points with fans.
The app launched on Monday, August 5 and is available for iOS, Android, Blackberry and Windows phone devices.
Baldwin County District Attorney's officials say an Elberta man has been convicted of sexually abusing a 2-year-old girl.
Some Mount Vernon residents were on their way home from the grocery store when they said they were caught in the middle of a gun fight.
Friends are shocked by the murder of a woman who used to call Mobile home. Atlanta investigators say 43-year-old Pamela Williams was shot during a home invasion robbery Saturday, November 30. She died Monday.
People who live in four neighborhoods near the proposal Blue Creek Coal Terminal are circulating petitions, hoping to convince the Mobile Planning Commission to not approve a permit for the facility.
Mobile Planning Commission scheduled to talk about a new subdivision application for McGowin Park, near Hank Aaron Stadium.