- Water - at least 1 gallon daily per person for 3 to 7 days
- Food - at least enough for 3 to 7 days
- non-perishable packaged or canned food / juices
- foods for infants or the elderly
- snack foods
- non-electric can opener
- cooking tools / fuel
- paper plates / plastic utensils
- Blankets / Pillows, etc.
- Clothing - seasonal / rain gear/ sturdy shoes
- First Aid Kit / Medicines / Prescription Drugs
- Special Items - for babies and the elderly
- Toiletries / Hygiene items / Moisture wipes
- Flashlight / Batteries
- Radio - Battery operated and NOAA weather radio
- Telephones - Fully charged cell phone with extra battery and a traditional (not cordless) telephone set
- Cash (with some small bills) and Credit Cards - Banks and ATMs may not be available for extended periods
- Toys, Books and Games
- Important documents - in a waterproof container or watertight resealable plastic bag — insurance, medical records, bank account numbers, Social Security card, etc.
- Tools - keep a set with you during the storm
- Vehicle fuel tanks filled
- Pet care items
- proper identification / immunization records / medications
- ample supply of food and water
- a carrier or cage
- muzzle and leash
Some Mount Vernon residents were on their way home from the grocery store when they said they were caught in the middle of a gun fight.
Friends are shocked by the murder of a woman who used to call Mobile home. Atlanta investigators say 43-year-old Pamela Williams was shot during a home invasion robbery Saturday, November 30. She died Monday.
People who live in four neighborhoods near the proposal Blue Creek Coal Terminal are circulating petitions, hoping to convince the Mobile Planning Commission to not approve a permit for the facility.
Mobile Planning Commission scheduled to talk about a new subdivision application for McGowin Park, near Hank Aaron Stadium.
Gov. Robert Bentley said Alabama will be among the states submitting a proposal next week to build Boeing's new 777X aircraft, and the proposal will stress more than just the money the state is offering.