Recipe: Vidalia Onion Sausage with Carolina Mustard Sauce
Recipe courtesy Chef Nino/ Rouses Markets
- ½ cup minced Vidalia onions
- 2 tablespoons Rouses olive oil
- 1½ pounds Rouses fresh Vidalia onion sausage, grilled until internal temperature reaches 165ºF
- 2 cups Rouses yellow mustard
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white vinegar, plus more if needed
- ¼ cup Rouses honey
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Sauté the onions in oil until the onions are translucent. Mix the remaining ingredients (except the cooked sausage) together in a saucepan.
2. Bring the liquid to a boil, then immediately reduce to a simmer. Simmer for about 15 minutes to blend the ingredients and reduce the liquid. More vinegar may be added to reach your desired consistency. Add the sautéed onions to the saucepan, and stir to incorporate.
3. Serve warm mustard sauce with grilled sausage.
ABOUT ROUSES MARKETS:
- 7361 Theodore Dawes Rd., Theodore, AL 36582, (251) 653-7391
- 1545 Gulf Shores Parkway, Gulf Shores, AL 36542, (251) 948-4715
- 112 Saraland Loop, Saraland, AL 36571, (251) 675-8124
- 4350 Old Shell Rd., Mobile, AL 36608, (251) 380-0020
- 6729 Spanish Fort Rd., Spanish Fort, AL 36527, (251) 621-0552
- 7765 Airport Boulevard #609, Mobile, AL 36608, 251-272-5026
- 25405 Perdido Beach Boulevard, Orange Beach, AL 36561, 251-272-5034
Copyright 2022 WALA. All rights reserved.