Recipe: Caribbean Chicken Burger
Recipe courtesy Chef Nino/ Rouses Markets
2 pounds ground chicken
¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tablespoon lime zest (use a Microplane grater)
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon dried coriander
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 teaspoon granulated onion
1 teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon light brown sugar
1 teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
1½ cups Italian bread crumbs
2 tablespoons milk
1 small onion, grated
2 large eggs
4 tablespoons Rouses Olive Oil
8 hamburger buns
Thin dill pickle slices, enough to cover 6-8 burgers
Thinly sliced Rouses ham, enough to cover 6-8 burgers
Yellow mustard, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. In a medium mixing bowl combine the cilantro, chopped garlic, lime zest, oregano, parsley, coriander, cumin, granulated garlic and onion, salt, black pepper, brown sugar, paprika and cayenne pepper (if using), and mix thoroughly.
3. Then add the bread crumbs, milk, onion and eggs to the spice mixture, and mix thoroughly to combine.
4. Now add the ground chicken, and mix completely. Divide mixture into 8 equal portions, and shape the portions into patties.
5. In a large skillet warm olive oil over medium-high heat. Arrange patties in the skillet and cook until browned, 3-5 minutes on each side.
6. Transfer browned patties to a 9″ x 13″ baking dish, and place baking dish in the preheated oven. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 155ºF. 7. Serve burger patties on hamburger buns, and garnish each burger with pickles, ham and mustard…aaaaaaaaahhhhhh!
ABOUT ROUSES MARKETS:
- 7361 Theodore Dawes Rd., Theodore, AL 36582, (251) 653-7391
- 1545 Gulf Shores Parkway, Gulf Shores, AL 36542, (251) 948-4715
- 112 Saraland Loop, Saraland, AL 36571, (251) 675-8124
- 4350 Old Shell Rd., Mobile, AL 36608, (251) 380-0020
- 6729 Spanish Fort Rd., Spanish Fort, AL 36527, (251) 621-0552
- 7765 Airport Boulevard #609, Mobile, AL 36608, 251-272-5026
- 25405 Perdido Beach Boulevard, Orange Beach, AL 36561, 251-272-5034
Copyright 2022 WALA. All rights reserved.