Recipe: Chicken Tostadas with Smoky Black Beans
Recipe courtesy Chef Nino, Rouses Markets
- 1 pack of Mighty Spark fajita ground chicken
- 4 oz. smoked bacon
- 2 15-oz. cans black beans
- 8 tostadas
- 4 oz. queso fresco
- ¾ cup cilantro
Dice up the bacon and add it to a large skillet (preferably not teflon coated) cooking the bacon to your desired crispiness.
Add the two cans of black beans, juices and all.
Using a potato masher, start to crush the beans and bacon together until you achieve a paste, cooking for 10 minutes to reduce some of the liquid. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a lightly oiled skillet over medium, brown up the ground chicken per the instructions.
Once the chicken is cooked you can assemble the tostadas. This part isn’t rocket science. If you can butter bread, you’ll do just fine. Sprinkle on some queso fresco & cilantro if that’s your jam, and viola!
ABOUT ROUSES MARKETS:
- 7361 Theodore Dawes Rd., Theodore, AL 36582, (251) 653-7391
- 1545 Gulf Shores Parkway, Gulf Shores, AL 36542, (251) 948-4715
- 112 Saraland Loop, Saraland, AL 36571, (251) 675-8124
- 4350 Old Shell Rd., Mobile, AL 36608, (251) 380-0020
- 6729 Spanish Fort Rd., Spanish Fort, AL 36527, (251) 621-0552
- 7765 Airport Boulevard #609, Mobile, AL 36608, 251-272-5026
- 25405 Perdido Beach Boulevard, Orange Beach, AL 36561, 251-272-5034
Copyright 2022 WALA. All rights reserved.