Recipe: Rouses Brined Chicken
Recipe courtesy Chef Nino/ Rouses Markets
- 1 gallon of unsweetened tea, or water
- ¾ cup salt
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- 3½- to 4-pound whole chicken, brined
- Dijon mustard
- Rouses BBQ Rub
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Prepare the brine: In a large pot combine 1 gallon tea or water, salt, sugar, and soy sauce, and bring to a simmer over high heat, stirring to help dissolve the salt and sugar. Remove from heat; let cool to room temperature.
Place the chicken in a deep container large enough to hold it and the brine. Pour the cooled brine over the chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Set up your smoker for cooking at 250°F.
Remove the chicken from the brine and pat the skin dry with paper towels.
Slather the chicken with mustard, getting the surface just wet enough for the rub to stick. Coat the top, sides, and bottom of the chicken with the rub, and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Place the chicken on the grill grate of your smoker, breast side up. Cook until breasts reach an internal temperature of 165°F, and thighs 175°F, about 2 hours.
ABOUT ROUSES MARKETS:
- 7361 Theodore Dawes Rd., Theodore, AL 36582, (251) 653-7391
- 1545 Gulf Shores Parkway, Gulf Shores, AL 36542, (251) 948-4715
- 112 Saraland Loop, Saraland, AL 36571, (251) 675-8124
- 4350 Old Shell Rd., Mobile, AL 36608, (251) 380-0020
- 6729 Spanish Fort Rd., Spanish Fort, AL 36527, (251) 621-0552
- 7765 Airport Boulevard #609, Mobile, AL 36608, 251-272-5026
- 25405 Perdido Beach Boulevard, Orange Beach, AL 36561, 251-272-5034
Copyright 2022 WALA. All rights reserved.