Recipe: Rouses Gumbo Burgers
MOBILE, Ala. (WALA) - Chef Nino joined us live on Studio10 to make Rouses Gumbo Burgers.
• 1 pound Rouses Wild Caught Shrimp, peeled,cleaned
• 6 cups water
• 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
• 1½ pounds lean ground beef
• 6 ounces andouille sausage, ground or cut extremely
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1 large white onion,cut extremely finely
• 1 stalk celery,cut extremely finely
• ½ green bell pepper,cut extremely finely
• 1 tablespoon Rouses Roux
• 6 hamburger buns (and fixings like tomato, onion
1. To a medium-large pot, add water, shrimp and Cajun seasoning. Bring to a boil, then let simmer for 5 minutes. Drain shrimp and let them cool slightly, then finely chop them.
2. In a large skillet melt the butter and add onion, celery and bell pepper. Cook on high, stirring frequently for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add roux. Stir until well-blended. Let cool.
3. To a medium-large bowl, add ground beef, ground andouille, cooked chopped shrimp and cooked vegetable roux mixture.
4. Form mixture into 4-6 patties, and grill over medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side, or bake in a preheated 350ºF oven for about 20 minutes (10 minutes on each side).
5. Place cooked gumbo burgers on buns and top with your favorite fixings!
Copyright 2022 WALA. All rights reserved.