Recipe: Salmon Steaks with Lemon Bacon Aioli
Recipe courtesy Chef Nino, Rouses Markets
- 4 wild caught salmon steaks, about 1-inch thick (6 ounces each), skin on
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons first cold pressed olive oil
- Lemon Bacon Aioli (see recipe below)
1. Season salmon steaks with salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. When hot, add salmon steaks and sear until golden and caramelized on one side, about 3 minutes.
3. Carefully flip the steaks over, and cook for 3 minutes more. Remove and place on paper towel to drain excess oil.
4. Top each cooked salmon steak with a generous helping of Lemon Bacon Aioli.
Lemon Bacon Aioli
- ½ pound Rouses Bacon cut into ⅛-inch pieces or smaller, cooked and drained
- 1 cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (optional, to taste)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
1. In a small bowl place cooked bacon pieces, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, hot sauce (if using), minced garlic, parsley, green onions and Cajun seasoning. Stir to combine.
ABOUT ROUSES MARKETS:
- 7361 Theodore Dawes Rd., Theodore, AL 36582, (251) 653-7391
- 1545 Gulf Shores Parkway, Gulf Shores, AL 36542, (251) 948-4715
- 112 Saraland Loop, Saraland, AL 36571, (251) 675-8124
- 4350 Old Shell Rd., Mobile, AL 36608, (251) 380-0020
- 6729 Spanish Fort Rd., Spanish Fort, AL 36527, (251) 621-0552
- 7765 Airport Boulevard #609, Mobile, AL 36608, 251-272-5026
- 25405 Perdido Beach Boulevard, Orange Beach, AL 36561, 251-272-5034
Copyright 2022 WALA. All rights reserved.