Recipe: Chicken Parmesan
Recipe provided by Chef Nino/ Rouses Markets
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups Italian style bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, divided
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons Rouses Olive Oil
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans San Marzano stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Place flour in a shallow dish or pie plate, and season it with 1 teaspoon of the salt and 1 teaspoon of the pepper.
3. In another shallow dish or pie plate, beat eggs.
4. In a third shallow dish or pie plate, mix bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and the remaining 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon black pepper.
5. Coat chicken breasts with seasoned flour, then dip into egg, then completely coat them with bread crumbs.
6. In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add breaded chicken; cook 4 to 6 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes longer, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F). Remove chicken from skillet to a greased rimmed baking sheet.
7. Add stewed tomatoes and basil to skillet. Heat for 2- 3 minutes, or until tomatoes start to boil. Season with garlic powder.
8. Spoon tomatoes over each cooked chicken breast on baking sheet, and top each breast with a slice of cheese. Place in preheated oven and cook for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
ABOUT ROUSES MARKETS:
- 7361 Theodore Dawes Rd., Theodore, AL 36582, (251) 653-7391
- 1545 Gulf Shores Parkway, Gulf Shores, AL 36542, (251) 948-4715
- 112 Saraland Loop, Saraland, AL 36571, (251) 675-8124
- 4350 Old Shell Rd., Mobile, AL 36608, (251) 380-0020
- 6729 Spanish Fort Rd., Spanish Fort, AL 36527, (251) 621-0552
- 7765 Airport Boulevard #609, Mobile, AL 36608, 251-272-5026
- 25405 Perdido Beach Boulevard, Orange Beach, AL 36561, 251-272-5034
Copyright 2022 WALA. All rights reserved.