Recipe: Shrimp Scampi Margherita Pizza
Recipe courtesy Chef Nino/ Rouses Markets
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Rouses Olive Oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound Rouses Wild Caught Louisiana Shrimp, 40 count, shelled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 frozen Rouses Margherita Pizza
- 12 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
1. In a large skillet, melt the butter with the olive oil over medium low heat. When the butter foam subsides, stir in the garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is lightly golden, about 7 minutes. Do not let the garlic brown.
2. Increase the heat to medium-high, and add the shrimp and Cajun seasoning. Cook for 2-3 minutes, turning the shrimp once, until they are just pink. Stir in the parsley and lemon juice, and cook 1 minute more, or until liquid is reduced by ½. Set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 350º F. Defrost pizza.
4. Spoon shrimp scampi, with the sauce it made, evenly over the defrosted pizza.
5. Top with the cheese, then place in preheated oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, or slightly longer if you prefer a crispier crust.
ABOUT ROUSES MARKETS:
- 7361 Theodore Dawes Rd., Theodore, AL 36582, (251) 653-7391
- 1545 Gulf Shores Parkway, Gulf Shores, AL 36542, (251) 948-4715
- 112 Saraland Loop, Saraland, AL 36571, (251) 675-8124
- 4350 Old Shell Rd., Mobile, AL 36608, (251) 380-0020
- 6729 Spanish Fort Rd., Spanish Fort, AL 36527, (251) 621-0552
- 7765 Airport Boulevard #609, Mobile, AL 36608, 251-272-5026
- 25405 Perdido Beach Boulevard, Orange Beach, AL 36561, 251-272-5034
Copyright 2023 WALA. All rights reserved.