Tyndall Air Force Base Upgrades to HURCON 5 Status
TYNDALL AIR FORCE BASE, Fla. (WJHG/WECP) - On Sunday Aug. 27, officials at Tyndall Air Force Base have declared conditions to be level HURCON 5. This means that Idalia has become a potential threat to Tyndall, which includes tropical force winds.
Personnel have not been evacuated from the base.
Tyndall personnel and their family members should take the following steps:
1. Monitor weather stations; check Tyndall website, social media.
2. Review family/personal emergency action plan.
3. Inspect/inventory shelter or evacuation kit, to include water, non-perishable food, first-aid kit and flashlights.
4. Check vehicles, prescriptions, food, sanitary supplies, clothing and bedding.
5. Brief family members and ensure precautions are taken for high-risk individuals.
6. Determine plan for pets.
7. Ensure vehicle and generator fuel tanks are full.
8. Obtain enough cash to cover near-term expenses.
For questions, contact 325th Fighter Wing Public Affairs at (850) 283-3333.
Copyright 2023 WJHG. All rights reserved.