Recipe: Cornbread & Sausage Dressing
Published: Nov. 17, 2023 at 11:33 AM CST
Recipe courtesy Lucy Greer; Greer’s Markets
- 4 cups cornbread, cubed
- 12 oz bag pepperidge farm herb stuffing mix
- 16 oz breakfast or Italian sausage
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped small
- 2 ribs celery, chopped small
- 1 small onion, chopped small
- 4 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup water
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried sage
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Spread cubed cornbread out on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned and firm to the touch. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add sausage, bell pepper, celery and onion. Cook for 12-15 minutes until sausage is cooked through and vegetables are soft. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl combine toasted cornbread, stuffing mix, sausage and vegetable mixture, chicken broth, water, eggs, kosher salt, dried thyme, dried sage, and black pepper.
- Pour into a 9x13 baking dish that has been sprayed with non stick spray.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
ABOUT ROUSES MARKETS:
- 7361 Theodore Dawes Rd., Theodore, AL 36582, (251) 653-7391
- 1545 Gulf Shores Parkway, Gulf Shores, AL 36542, (251) 948-4715
- 112 Saraland Loop, Saraland, AL 36571, (251) 675-8124
- 4350 Old Shell Rd., Mobile, AL 36608, (251) 380-0020
- 6729 Spanish Fort Rd., Spanish Fort, AL 36527, (251) 621-0552
- 7765 Airport Boulevard #609, Mobile, AL 36608, 251-272-5026
- 25405 Perdido Beach Boulevard, Orange Beach, AL 36561, 251-272-5034
Copyright 2023 WALA. All rights reserved.