The Pensacola Blue Wahoos said fans will be welcomed back into the stadium for the 2021 baseball season.
The entire 2020 season was canceled due to the pandemic.
This year, Minor League Baseball is back, and the team has a plan to keep fans safe during the games.
The following guidelines are in place for Blue Wahoos Stadium in 2021:
- Face Masks: Face masks must be worn at all times by all fans over the age of two. Masks may be removed briefly when fans are actively eating or drinking while seated in their assigned seat. Major League Baseball’s mask mandate includes all Minor League stadiums, regardless of local, state, or federal guidelines.
- In-Seat Concessions: To prevent lines on the concourse and allow fans to enjoy the game from their seats, mobile concession ordering with in-seat delivery through StadiumDrop will be available.
- No Bags: To reduce contamination and ensure safe reduced-contact entry for fans and staff, bags will not be permitted to be brought into Blue Wahoos Stadium, except for medical or diaper bags.
- Physical Distancing: Physical distancing will be enforced on the concourse, concession lines, Bait and Tackle Shop, and at all entrances and exits.
- Multiple Entrances & Exits: Guests will be directed to enter and exit the stadium through designated entry gates to expedite the process and limit crowding at any one entrance. At the conclusion of the game, guests will receive instructions on safe exit procedures and exit locations. In weather delay situations, fans will be permitted to return to their cars during the delay and allowed to re-enter the stadium when the game resumes preventing crowding on the stadium’s concourse.
- Buffer Zone: For the safety of players, coaches, and fans, there will be a two-row buffer comprising the first two rows of seats closest to the field in areas frequented by players and coaches. No contact will be permitted between players and fans, including for autograph requests and fans will not be allowed to gather near the dugouts, bullpens, or other areas near the players.
- Staff Screening: All Blue Wahoos staff members are required to pass a temperature and health screening before being admitted to the stadium. All staff are required to wear face masks inside the stadium.
- Enhanced Sanitation: Blue Wahoos staff will frequently clean, disinfect, sanitize, and monitor common-touch surfaces and high-use guest areas frequently and consistently throughout games. Hand sanitizer will be available to fans in multiple locations throughout the stadium.