MOBILE, Ala. (WALA) -- Barton Academy is Alabama’s first and oldest public school. It was built in Mobile in 1836 with future growth in mind. And, now, plans are in the final stages to bring students back to a ‘state of the art’ Barton — by 2021
You may also like
- Man returns money after finding $43,000 in couch he purchased at thrift store
- High-speed chase suspect bails from car, hit and killed by truck on I-10 in Mobile County
- Couple arrested after police find baby dead, kids with bugs crawling out of their ears
- Woman killed as vehicle hits Mobile County school bus
- 3 dead in Alabama, bringing storm death toll to 7
- Police say active shooter at McGhee Tyson airbase in Tennessee
- Family of man shot and killed after threatening deputy believes he was having a schizophrenic episode
- Prichard PD makes large narcotics seizure
- Police believe a 14-year-old who vanished on his way to school has been found dead in a chimney
- Eastbound 1-10 on ramp closed
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.