MOBILE, Ala. (WALA) -- Barton Academy is Alabama’s first and oldest public school. It was built in Mobile in 1836 with future growth in mind. And, now, plans are in the final stages to bring students back to a ‘state of the art’ Barton — by 2021
You may also like
- Mobile Man hides family in closet while shootout unfolds right in front of his apartment door, connected to drive-by minutes later
- MPD Chief: Officer died of self-inflicted gunshot wound
- Congratulations to Studio 10's Chelsey Sayasane! She's engaged!
- Krispy Kreme is selling a dozen glazed donuts for $1 on Thursday
- Deputy shot in Florida's Escambia County expected to survive; suspect charged with attempted murder
- Arrests made in USA professor murder case
- Detective: "Toxic levels of methamphetamine ingested" by Kamille 'Cupcake' McKinney
- Elementary school music teacher suspended after allegedly asking 5-year-old student to rub lotion on his back
- A 5-year-old carried a toddler half a mile in Alaska terrain after being left home alone, police say
- The "Best Ever Prime Rib"
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.