In yet another shakeup in the city's Public Works Department, the Senior Director of Public Services, Greg Beckham, is out.
Sources told FOX10 News Investigates Beckham resigned Thursday, June 29, but when asked about it, city spokesperson George Talbot only commented by saying, "I can confirm he is no longer employed by the city."
According to city officials, Beckham was in charge of garbage, trash, litter, recycling, and urban forestry.
He also used to run the city's Equipment Services, including the Municipal Garage, until John Peavy took over in May.
Beckham's abrupt departure comes after months of controversy and turmoil within Public Works.
Two weeks ago, Mobile Police said it was investigating three other Public Works employees for threatening a supervisor.
In May, the executive director of Public Works stepped down for a new career path.
The city's trash collection service has also been behind schedule for more than a month, and it's even planning to hold a job fair on Monday, July 2, to fill several open positions.
What's more, some Public Works employees have been showing up to city council meetings in recent weeks to voice their complaints about upper management and alleged harassment in the work place.
Because FOX10 News Investigates had been hearing about those employee complaints, back in March, the investigative team issued an open records request for copies of Beckham's city emails from this last year, but the city still has not released them.
The big question remaining, why is Beckham leaving his post?
FOX10 News Investigates tried asking city officials, but they aren't answering.
FOX10 News Investigates also tried messaging Beckham himself for an answer, but he hasn't responded either.
We'll let you know if they do.
All content © 2018, WALA; Mobile, AL. (A Meredith Corporation Station). All Rights Reserved.