By: Steve Alexander, Posted by: Robbie ByrdMOBILE, Ala. (WALA) - Dramatic testimony Thursday during a preliminary hearing for a woman charged with murdering her husband, a local Army sergeant.Eugenia Campbell and Alexander Williams are charged with the shooting death of Sergeant ReMano Campbell at his Eight Mile home in 2011.ReMano Campbell's mother, Patricia, wore a T-shirt with her son's picture and was in the courtroom listening to testimony given by authorities.She said, "Some things that came out today just went to my head, how he was murdered."TESTIMONY FROM DETECTIVESMobile County District Attorney investigator Mike Morgan testified Williams confessed to the murder after his arrest.Mobile County Assistant District Attorney Jill Phillips told reporters, "According to the Defendant Williams statement, was, yes, Eugenia Campbell provided him with the weapon, drove him to the location, agreed to split insurance proceeds with him, and picked him up from the location, and that, sometime after her husband's death, they established a residence together and since had a child together."Eugenia Campbell's attorney, Jonathan Friedlander, maintains her innocence.Friedlander said, "The co-defendant said things about her without really a whole lot to back it up."VICTIM SHOT ABOUT 13 TIMESPolice also testified ReMano Campbell was shot about 13 times.Patricia Campbell said, "That was the hardest part, them telling us how he emptied the clip on him like that. That was my baby."A detective also testified Williams told him the insurance policy Eugenia Campbell agreed to split with him was worth about $200,000.Patricia Campbell said, "You can make $200,000 a year if you got out and worked. What's that?"NO BONDCampbell and Williams were both ordered held without bond.Their case has been sent to a grand jury.
You may also like
- Man returns money after finding $43,000 in couch he purchased at thrift store
- High-speed chase suspect bails from car, hit and killed by truck on I-10 in Mobile County
- Couple arrested after police find baby dead, kids with bugs crawling out of their ears
- Woman killed as vehicle hits Mobile County school bus
- 3 dead in Alabama, bringing storm death toll to 7
- Police say active shooter at McGhee Tyson airbase in Tennessee
- Family of man shot and killed after threatening deputy believes he was having a schizophrenic episode
- Police believe a 14-year-old who vanished on his way to school has been found dead in a chimney
- Prichard PD makes large narcotics seizure
- Eastbound 1-10 on ramp closed
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.