GENERIC - Death investigation

(file photo | Associated Press)

ANDERSON, S.C. (FOX Carolina/Meredith) - South Carolina authorities say a teenager has died due to electrocution after he touched a power line with a metal pole.

According to The Anderson County Coroner, 13-year-old Brayden D. Williford was playing outside at a friend's house around 7 p.m. local time. The teen was playing with a metal pole when he appeared to touch a power line with the pole. The resulting electrocution caused Brayden to suffer a heart attack.

The office says deputies arrived on scene and began CPR, with EMS shortly behind. Brayden, however, was pronounced dead at AnMed Health just after 8 p.m.

The 13-year-old's death has been ruled accidental, but the investigation still continues.

Copyright 2019 FOX Carolina (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.