Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee and the Rules and Administration Committee will hold a joint oversight hybrid hearing to "examine the security failures that led to a breach of the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021." Confirmed witnesses include Robert Contee, Chief, Metropolitan Police Department; Michael Stenger, former Senate Sergeant at Arms and Doorkeeper; Paul D. Irving, former House Sergeant at Arms; and Steven Sund, former Chief, U.S. Capitol Police.
- A zoo crocodile in Florida underwent surgery to remove a shoe from her stomach
- Chunchula man mauled by dogs nearly dies, family says he’ll need reconstructive surgery
- One dead, another flown to hospital after suspect fleeing police crashes in Gulf Shores
- Woman arrested after early morning police chase in stolen car
- MPD: Shots fired at Bel Air Mall after suspect drops handgun
- Mobile man charged with attempted murder in shooting that wounded five-year-old boy
- Car slams into utility pole on Highway 98 in Fairhope
- MPD: 5 year old boy shot on Farnell Drive
- 14 shots fired at car, 5-year-old boy struck as he sat inside with family, shooter still out there
- Woman accused of shooting two people, including her husband
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.