Ohio State vs. North Carolina Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament Second Round
Published: Mar. 19, 2023 at 2:39 AM CDT|Updated: Mar. 20, 2023 at 10:38 AM CDT
Monday's game between the Ohio State Buckeyes (26-7) and the North Carolina Tar Heels (22-10) at Value City Arena has a projected final score of 71-68 based on our computer prediction, with Ohio State securing the victory. Tipoff is at 4:00 PM on March 20.
The Buckeyes enter this matchup on the heels of an 80-66 win over JMU on Saturday.
Ohio State vs. North Carolina Game Info
- When: Monday, March 20, 2023 at 4:00 PM ET
- Where: Value City Arena in Columbus, Ohio
- How to Watch on TV: ESPN
Use this link to get a free trial of fuboTV, where you can watch college hoops and other live sports without cable!
Ohio State vs. North Carolina Score Prediction
- Prediction: Ohio State 71, North Carolina 68
Ohio State Schedule Analysis
- When the Buckeyes beat the Indiana Hoosiers (No. 2 in the AP's Top 25) on March 4 by a score of 79-75, it was their best victory of the year thus far.
- When facing Quadrant 1 teams, the Buckeyes are 9-6 (.600%) -- tied for the 11th-most victories.
- Against Quadrant 2 opponents, Ohio State is 6-1 (.857%) -- tied for the 22nd-most wins.
Ohio State 2022-23 Best Wins
- 79-75 over Indiana (No. 2/AP Poll) on March 4
- 87-75 at home over Tennessee (No. 24/AP Poll) on November 8
- 96-77 on the road over Louisville (No. 23) on November 30
- 81-79 over Michigan (No. 18/AP Poll) on March 3
- 74-61 on the road over Michigan (No. 18/AP Poll) on February 20
North Carolina Schedule Analysis
- The Tar Heels' best win of the season came in a 60-50 victory versus the No. 10 Notre Dame Fighting Irish on January 8.
- The Tar Heels have seven Quadrant 1 wins, tied for the 19th-most in the country. But they also have 10 Quadrant 1 losses, tied for the 24th-most.
- North Carolina has tied for the 38th-most Quadrant 2 wins in the nation (five).
- When facing Quadrant 3 teams (based on the RPI), the Buckeyes are 5-0 (1.000%) -- tied for the 96th-most wins.
North Carolina 2022-23 Best Wins
- 60-50 at home over Notre Dame (No. 10/AP Poll) on January 8
- 45-41 on the road over Duke (No. 13/AP Poll) on February 26
- 61-56 at home over Duke (No. 13/AP Poll) on January 19
- 73-64 over Iowa State (No. 17/AP Poll) on November 27
- 56-47 at home over NC State (No. 24) on January 15
Watch college hoops all season on all your devices without cable with a seven-day free trial on fuboTV!
Ohio State Performance Insights
- The Buckeyes are outscoring opponents by 12.5 points per game with a +414 scoring differential overall. They put up 80.7 points per game (eighth in college basketball) and allow 68.2 per outing (275th in college basketball).
- With 74.8 points per game in Big Ten tilts, Ohio State is putting up 5.9 fewer points per game in conference games compared to its season average (80.7 PPG).
- The Buckeyes are averaging 82.8 points per game this season when playing at home, which is 4.8 more points than they're averaging in away games (78.0).
- At home, Ohio State is allowing 2.4 fewer points per game (64.6) than in away games (67.0).
- The Buckeyes' offense has been much worse over their last 10 games, scoring 73.3 points a contest compared to the 80.7 they've averaged this year.
North Carolina Performance Insights
- The Tar Heels outscore opponents by 9.4 points per game (posting 68.9 points per game, 104th in college basketball, and allowing 59.5 per outing, 57th in college basketball) and have a +303 scoring differential.
- In conference action, North Carolina is averaging fewer points (64.5 per game) than it is overall (68.9) in 2022-23.
- At home the Tar Heels are putting up 73.7 points per game, 9.5 more than they are averaging away (64.2).
- At home North Carolina is conceding 54.1 points per game, 10.5 fewer points than it is on the road (64.6).
- The Tar Heels are scoring 60.5 points per game over their past 10 games, which is 8.4 fewer points than their average for the season (68.9).
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.