This dish features Farm Fresh Meats whole smoked chickens, homemade smoked chicken stock, veggies and rice. The purpose behind this dish is to show you how easy it is to make your own chicken stock! Flu season is upon us, so stock up your freezer with all the essentials while you can.
- 1 to 2 whole smoked chickens, shredded
- 1 to 2 yellow onion, diced
- 4 to 5 stalks celery, diced
- 4 whole carrots, diced
- 2 cups rice
- salt & pepper
- homemade stock
- 1 to 2 smoked chicken carcasses
- 1 whole onion, quartered
- 4 stalks celery, cut in half
- 4 carrots, cut in half
- 4 bay leaves
- handful of kosher salt
- handful of black peppercorns
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- enough water to cover ingredients (1 gallon, give or take)
Dice onion, celery and carrot and sautee in butter and olive oil until translucent. Transfer sauteed veggies into a large pot, add chicken, rice and stock and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to simmer and cook until rice is fully cooked. Taste for seasonings and enjoy!
Combine all ingredients and simmer over medium to medium-low heat for 2-4 hours. Strain and enjoy, or pour into plastic containers for freezing.