Looking for the perfect fall comfort food? Lucy with Greer's Markets shares this fall version of chicken pot pie, featuring butternut squash and more veggies, plus pasta!
- 2 lbs. butternut squash
- 8 oz. mushrooms, quartered
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 10.5 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 10.5 oz can cream of celery soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry elbow macaroni, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper, divided
- 1/4 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 pie crusts
Cut both ends off butternut squash. Poke holes in squash. Microwave for 3 minutes. Let cool. Peel and dice into small cubes.
Combine cubed butternut squash, 1 tbsp. olive oil, 1/2 tsp. kosher salt and 1/4 tsp. black pepper. Spread on a baking pan and cook for 10-15 minutes at 400 degrees.
Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add butter and 1 tbsp. olive oil. Add onion, celery and thyme. Cook for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms. Cook for another 8-10 minutes until mushrooms are golden. Add 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, 1/4 tsp. black pepper and poultry seasoning.
In a large bowl combine cooked butternut squash, cooked chicken, cooked elbow macaroni, peas, corn, mushroom and onion mixture, cream of chicken, cream of celery and chicken broth. Stir until combined well.