David Johnson from Senior Care Authority joined us on Studio10 to talk about tips for aging parents.
He discussed the increasing need for information on this topic... and also shared with us the "Top 5 Mistakes to Avoid after Visits with Aging Parents".
Here they are:
1. Sis will handle it all – Don’t leave it up to one sibling
2. Why Should I ask? – Don’t assume the primary caregiving sibling has it all under control.
3. Forget to Support the Supporter – Offer encouragement and support to the sibling who’s doing most of the work.
4. Make Decisions without Discussions- Siblings need to agree before anyone makes a big decision.
5. Revert to Childhood Roles – Don’t assume because one sibling is the favorite, he/she will handle everything or that the “black sheep” has no desire to help.
For more information on this topic feel free to reach out to Senior Care Authority.
Senior Care Authority