Chef Nino from Rouses Markets makes a sweet treat! He says, this is sure to be your new favorite bread pudding!
- 1 can 14 ounce sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 ¼ cups white sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 3 large egg whites
- 3 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 16 ounce loaf French bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup Nestle or Hershey's chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine condensed milk, whole milk, sugar and cocoa in a saucepan over medium heat stirring constantly to ensure no scorching occurs. Stir until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to a low boil.
3. Remove from heat and add chocolate chips stirring until melted.
4. Let chocolate sauce cool down to room temperature.
5. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk eggs, egg whites, vanilla and cinnamon.
6. Gradually whisk egg mixture into cooled pot of chocolate milk.
7. In a large mixing bowl, add cubed bread and combined mixture. Let stand for approx. 30 minutes until the bread absorbs the liquid.
8. Spray a 3 quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Add custard mixture to the casserole
9. Bake covered for about 30 minutes until set in center.
All content © 2019, WALA; Mobile, AL. (A Meredith Corporation Station). All Rights Reserved.