Wondering what to do with those leftover MoonPies from Mardi Gras? Make this delicious sweet treat from Lucy Greer!
- ½ loaf French bread, torn into pieces
- 10 MoonPies, any flavor, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- For Chocolate Cream Sauce:
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup milk
In a large bowl whisk together eggs, sugar, salt, cinnamon and vanilla. Stir in milk, and whisk until combined. Add melted butter and stir.
Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non stick spray. Add MoonPies and bread, and then pour in liquid mixture. Mix until everything is incorporated and all the bread is submerged. Bake at 325 degrees for 40-50 minutes.
Chocolate Cream Sauce:
Whisk together sweetened condensed milk and cocoa powder in a small saucepan. Whisk in milk, and cook over medium low heat for 5-10 minutes until warmed through. Serve sauce over warm bread pudding.