These lettuce wraps are light and fresh, with a touch of Sriracha for an extra kick! Lucy Greer shared this recipe that's perfect for the warmer months of spring and summer.
- 1 lb. shrimp
- 2 cups pineapple, diced small
- 1 red bell pepper, diced small
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced small
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1.25 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Sriracha hot sauce
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 head romaine, green leaf, butter lettuce, etc.
- cilantro and chopped peanuts (optional garnish)
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp. Cook for 8 minutes, stirring often.
Add bell pepper, onion, jalapeño, kosher salt, garlic and Sriracha. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring often.
Add pineapple. Cook for 1 minute then remove from heat.
Make lettuce wraps by filling lettuce leaves with shrimp and pineapple mixture. Garnish with chopped cilantro and peanuts if desired. Eat taco-style.
Shrimp and pineapple mixture also wonderful served over rice or cauliflower rice.