Celebrate St. Patrick's Day with this Irish-inspired classic from Lucy Greer! The best part is, you can throw it in the slow cooker, and it's ready when you get home.
- 3 to 3.5 lbs corned beef brisket
- 1 oz seasoning packet (comes with brisket)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2.75 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 12 oz beer
- 1/2 lb. baby carrots
- 1.5 lbs red potatoes
- 1 lb. cabbage, cut in chunks
- 2 tsp. spicy brown mustard
Place vegetables in the bottom of a slow cooker. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. black pepper and 3/4 tsp. kosher salt. Stir gently.
Remove brisket from package and rinse.
Place brisket on top of vegetables with the fat side up. Rub with mustard covering surface and sides.
Stir together the seasoning packet, garlic powder, 1/4 tsp. black pepper, and 1 tsp. kosher salt. Sprinkle evenly across the brisket.
Pour beer around the beef. Cook on LOW 8 hours. Slice corned beef across the grain, and serve with vegetables.