Chef Nino from Rouses puts his own spin on a classic Italian dish! The delicious sauce on the spaghetti squash is made with garlic, parsley and fresh grated cheese.
- Spaghetti squash
- Rouses olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh finely chopped garlic
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley leaves
- Sea salt to taste
- Fresh grated Parmiggiano Reggiano cheese
Averaging from 4-6 pounds, and about 8-9 inches in length, the spaghetti squash will yield about 5 cups. Spaghetti squash can be stored at room temperature for about a month. After cutting wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 2 days. Spaghetti squash also freezes well. Pack cooked squash into freezer bags, seal, label, and freeze. Partially thaw before re-using and then steam until tender but still firm, about 5 minutes. How to cook spaghetti squash? Bake it- Pierce the whole shell several times with a large fork or skewer and place in baking dish. Cook squash in preheated 375 oven for approximately 1 hour or until flesh is tender. Let stand covered for 5 minutes. Allow squash to cool for about 20 minutes so that it will be easier to handle. Cut in half lengthwise and remove seeds. With a fork “comb” out strands. Microwave it-cut squash in ½ lengthwise: remove seeds. Place squash cut sides up in a microwave dish with ¼ cup water. Remove seeds. Cover with plastic wrap and cook on high for 10-12 minutes, depending on size of squash. Let stand covered, for 5 minutes. Allow to cool for about 20 minutes so that it will be easier to handle. With a fork “comb” out strands.
OLIO AGLIO & PREZZEMOLO:
1. Sauté garlic in olive oil until golden brown.
2. Take off heat and add chopped parsley. Add salt and stir until parsley is mixed well into oil.
3. Serve over your cooked spaghetti squash strands topped with Parmiggiano Reggiano cheese.