Lisa & Kathy with Riders 4 Riders whip up a spicy and flavorful chili recipe on Studio 10! They also make a crawfish cornbread that accentuates the chili perfectly. You can sample much more at the 9th Annual Chili & Cornbread Cook-Off.
- 1 lb ground chorizo
- 2 ears fresh corn, boiled and cut off cob
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can tomato paste
- 2 beers (your preference)
- pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chili seasoning
- 3 tablespoons oil
Chop red onion and saute in oil. Add chopped chorizo and simmer. Add corn, Rotel, salsa, cilantro, beans, tomato paste, pepper and chili seasoning.
Stir until blended. Slowly add the beer while stirring.
Let simmer on medium heat and cook 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Top your chili with sour cream, cheese and extra cilantro if desired. Enjoy!
- 2 pks Martha White Mexican cornbread mix
- 1-2 cups milk
- 1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-2 cans cream style corn
- 1 cubed diced onion
- 2 whole minced jalapenos
- 1lb cooked and peeled crawfish tails
- teaspoon of salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
Mix cornbread with ingredients (be sparing with milk and cream corn, you don’t want it to be too moist). Blend with blender to get all ingredients mixed well.
Pour into a non stick or lightly sprayed pan. Bake for 40 min on 350 or until center is done.