Walk-On's showed off their signature Voodoo Shrimp dish, served with a customer favorite, the sweet corn grits. Walk-On's will be appearing at United Cerebral Palsy's "Food & Folly".
(For Sweet Corn Grits):
- 16oz (bv) Water
- 0.5 oz (bv) Chicken Base
- 24 oz (bv) Heavy Cream (40%)
- 10 oz (bv) Yellow Corn Meal
- 0.5 tsp (bv) Granulated Sugar
- 8 oz (bv) Canned Sweet Kernel Corn (strain)
- 8 oz (bv) Canned Creamed Corn
1. In a saute pan, saute kernel corn with granulated sugar for approximately 3-4 minutes or until light golden brown and sugar has begun to caramelize in the pan.
2. Once corn is complete, set aside for later use.
3. In a saucepot, bring water, chicken base, and 12 oz. of heavy cream to a boil.
4. Slowly add corn meal, constantly stirring to incorporate and cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Once the grits begin to thicken, reduce to simmer for 15 - 20 minutes or until grits thicken to correct consistency – add another 12 oz heavy cream (in 4 oz increments) during this time to adjust for the right consistency.
6. Add caramelized corn and creamed corn stirring to incorporate.
Walk-On's Bistreaux & Bar
3673 Airport Blvd. Mobile, AL 36608
Sunday – Thursday: 11am-11pm
Click here for Facebook.
Louisiana based restaurant. Great family and gameday atmosphere.
We deliver a memorable gameday experience with a taste of Louisiana, created by our All-American team.
United Cerebral Palsy of Mobile will be hosting its 9th Annual “Food & Folly” event on September 13, 2018 at Fort Whiting. The event consists of a variety of area restaurants presenting their favorite dishes for guests to sample while enjoying a festive environment. To add to the fun, there will be a wine grab, silent auction and wine tasting. This year we are planning, in addition to the wine tasting, a local craft beer tasting from many of our local breweries. Special entertainment for the evening will be provided by Mobile’s own Excelsior Band.
ABOUT UNITED CEREBRAL PALSY (UCP):
United Cerebral Palsy (UCP) is one of Mobile’s oldest and most respected charities. Throughout south Alabama, children and adults with a variety of disabilities turn to UCP for assistance. The agency is able to provide services to over 700 families each month through programs such as: Early Intervention, Preschool, therapy, Camp SMILE, an Adult Day Program and Supported Employment. In Mobile, we are located at 3058 Dauphin Square Connector, Mobile, AL 36607. Our phone number is 251.479.4900 and our web site is UCPMobile.org.