You can take advantage of free dental, eye and medical services. A free health clinic is going on right now at Monroe County High School. We learned more from Monroe County Probate Judge Greg Norris, Lana Wilson with Monroe County Emergency Management, and Lieutenant Colonel Patty Walgenbach, here's the event information:
On May 28th – June 4th, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, including Saturday and Sunday, Monroe County and the Department of Defense will host an Innovative Readiness Training (IRT) at Monroe County High School.
This is a Health Clinic that is open to the public at NO COST and will provide dental, eye, and medical services.
The services include the following:
1. Eye exams and single vision glasses that will be made on sight and may be picked up the next day.
2. Dental exams, cleaning, extractions and fillings.
3. A full medical exam for possible health issues. If there is a health issue, you will be directed to physicians or other agencies that can assist you.
4. Pregnancy testing and Ultra Sound will be on site on June 1st and 2nd ONLY!
5. HIV/AIDS testing will also be available.
Services will be provided at NO COST to the patient, regardless of insurance, income or medical status. If you are under 18 yrs. of age, you must be with a parent.
Space is very limited and services will be on a first come, first serve basis. No appointments are available.
There will be NO CHILD CARE!!!!!!
For anyone that does not have transportation, school buses will be made available for pick up at 8:00 am on the following dates and locations:
Monday – May 28th – J.F. Shields H.S. (front parking lot)
Tuesday – May 29th – Excel H.S. (front parking lot)
Wednesday – May 30th – J.U. Blacksher H.S. (front parking lot)
Thursday – May 31st – Frisco City H.S. (Baseball field)
Friday – June 1st – Monroe Intermediate School (front parking lot)
All content © 2018, WALA; Mobile, AL. (A Meredith Corporation Station). All Rights Reserved.