The Wharf in Orange Beach will be “Reelin in the New Year” all day on Dec. 31, 2018 with events from 10 a.m. to midnight. Free of charge and open to the public, the street party offers activities and entertainment for everyone. New this year, kids can come out and enjoy a New Year’s Eve Confetti Drop celebration at noon on Main Street.
• Ice Rink- 10 a.m. to midnight, front entrance parking lot. Admission to the rink is $10, including skates, and $13 for the skating and Ferris wheel combo package.
• Shopping- 10 a.m. – 9 p.m. Retail shops and restaurants will be operating under extended business hours until 9 p.m., allowing guests to enjoy all the property has to offer prior to the celebration.
Afternoon Day Events:
• Inaugural Kids Confetti Drop- 10am -2pm, Confetti Drop at Noon, Main Street. Kids whose bedtime comes well before midnight will get to ring in the New Year hours early at the inaugural Kids Confetti Drop celebration. Confetti of all colors will rain over Main Street at noon.
• Kids Activities- 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Main Street. Activities include live animals, surf simulator, rock wall, mechanical bull, face painting, bounce houses and more. Prices range from $5-$10 on select activities. There will also be a poodle show beginning at 11 a.m.
• Live Music- 5 p.m. to midnight, Jim Beam® stage. DJ Ramsey – 5 p.m. Kyle Daigle – 7 p.m. Wes Loper Band – 9 p.m. to midnight.
• Kids Activities- 5:00p.m. to 9:00p.m., Main Street. Activities include surf simulator, rock wall, mechanical bull, face painting, and more. Prices range from $5-$10 on select activities.
• Marlin Drop & Fireworks- Midnight, Marlin Circle and Main Street. Count down to the New Year with the signature ‘Marlin Drop’ followed by a celebratory fireworks display. Grab a spot on Main Street for the best view.
• SPECTRA- Following the fireworks at midnight, Main Street. The Sound & Light Spectacular will close the night with a high-powered theatrical show.
For more information and a full list of upcoming events, visit alwharf.com.
About The Wharf
Located in beautiful Orange Beach, The Wharf is the Gulf Coast’s premier destination resort and Marina. The Wharf features a unique selection of shopping, dining and entertainment options, including restaurants, boutiques and stores, a 15-screen movie theater, 112-foot tall Ferris wheel, and live music at The Wharf’s 9,600 seat Amphitheater. No matter the time of year, The Wharf is the ultimate family-friendly vacation destination. For more information visit alwharf.com.